Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Letter From Vietnam




A few months back, R and I signed up to sponser a young boy from Vietnam through our agency's sponsorship program. We felt it was one small thing we could do to "give back" to our future child's birth country for the honor and blessing of raising one of Vietnam's children. A few days ago, we received a letter and photos of our sponsor child. All of you know that I have been having a hard time lately mustering up the patience necessary to "make it through" the waiting time. Receiving our sponsor child's letter and photos was a tremendous gift that came at just the right time. Below is a translation of his letter to me:


Dear Ms. Kelly,

My name’s Quoc Khanh. I will be a police official to capture the robbers when I grow up. I’m in the second grade in a primary school. I like playing with my close friends Truong, Quang, and I like dog. I often help Mom do some house chores, sweep the floor. I’m very happy because I can keep going to school. My teacher said that if I wanted to be a police, I should study hard. And I try my best to study. I hope I could grow up quickly to be a police to capture the robbers. Thank you very much for helping me, a will-be police official. My family is very thankful for your kind.

Wish you and your family a Happy New Year.
I’m looking forward to seeing your picture. I’ll try my best to study.

Love you,
Quoc Khanh,


Love you too, Quoc Khanh. And I just know you are going to be one the best "Robber Catcher"s on the police force.


9 comments:

Kelly said...

I just read your comment on my blog and it was one of the nicest ones I have ever received. I am glad that it helps in any way possible. Now, about the letter from Quoc, could that be any sweeter?!?! I know he is going to be quite the robber catcher as well.

S. said...

That is SOOOO sweet--what a precious little boy, and how wonderful that you are making a difference in his life!

Cara said...

It touch my heart and brought a tear to my eye. It's wonderful that you are making a difference in this child's life!

Jo said...

What a wonderful little guy. I hope you enjoy your new friend and he helps you feel closer to your baby.

KelleyO said...

That is so cool!

Susan said...

How special is that?! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. It was definitely my smile for the day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for sharing this. It is so touching, espcially as I look over at my own 2nd-grader doing her work at her school desk. How grateful would I be if I were the mom in Vietnam? I'm not, but thank you anyway.

Rachel said...

What a wonderful thing to receive! That is such a nice letter. I'm sure he will be the best robber catcher ever.

LaLa said...

What a cutie! We sponsor a little 5 yr old boy at an orphanage in China...the nannies say "he is good at art but sometimes draws on the walls!" ha ha It really is so nice receiving notes from them