Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Oh Boy

Last week the board of directors of the Sawyer Family Center put together a flyer to go out in the community newspaper that details the different projects and events that are currently going on and in the works.

1500 of these things were printed up and delivered as an insert in the sawyer news.

My phone has been ringing off the hook since they were delivered.

Why, you ask?

Simple.

Instead of the phone number for the Sawyer Family Center being put on the flyer, our personal home phone number was put there by mistake

and no one caught this before it went to print. no one.

And no, I did not see it before it was printed. I would hope that if I had, I would have noticed that the flyer had MY HOME PHONE NUMBER ON IT!!!!!

now everytime the phone rings, I cringe.

And there is nothing I can do to fix it. not a damn thing.

ARGH!!!!!!!

8 comments:

S. said...

Oh how frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Could you record a message on your answering machine/voicemail that says "If you are calling for the Sawyer Family Center, the correct number is xxx-xxxx" ... oh and maybe caller ID would be helpful too? (I know, it won't stop your phone from ringing, but maybe it will help a little??)

LaLa said...

Wow, don't you just feel popular...GRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

O.k., I was going to say exactly what Christina said, but she already said it. And maybe ear plugs?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, how incredibly frustrating! I think the voice mail suggestion is a good idea. When we moved into our first house our phone number was "recycled" and had been the # to an athletic shoe store. We used to receive about a dozen calls a day asking about Nike's on sale. LOL

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Forget the voicemail, I vote for a long vacationMybe by the time you got back the flyer calls would have stopped. Any excuse for a vacation. You did call and complain, right? The newspaper can easily print a retraction/correction.

Kathryn said...

Oh, how aggravating!

Kathryn said...

This is frustrating. No referrals in avout a month and a half. Makes me feel quite uneasy about having to send in that $3790 next week.