Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Preggo Pics


37 weeks pregnant..a beluga whale!

or, as I joked to DH..I look like a pregnant lesbian! Where did all my long hair go, you ask? We accepted an emergency placement of two toddlers a few months back (they were moved at the same time as Porkchop..back in November) who, unbeknownst to us, were crawling with headlice and had been that way for months prior to their removal. Trust me, it was a horrific experience...weeks of treatment on the kids and still the bugs kept coming...finally resolved it with buzz cuts for the kids. Only to discover that I had acquired the nasty things also! So, I opted for a buzz cut myself. There were only a few treatments we could do on me since i was pregnant, so it seemed wise to do a treatment and do the dramatic buzz job. Trust me, I actually have a TON of hair in this photo in comparison to what i looked like in the early summer.....

Still, when I went to vote this election season, baby bump belly and all, the volunteer at the townhall said to me (I kid you not) "Well young man, is this your first time voting?"

9 comments:

KelleyO said...

OMG you are huge! haha about the pregnant lesbian. Lice are yucky, yucky and itchy. Thanks for the pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooo! Sorry about the lice. When we lived downtown there was a little girl that came to church who was constntly battling lice, so every Sunday when we'd get home I'd sit my girls down (thank goodness I only had two kids then!) and nit comb their hair and check for the bugs. Luckily we never got them. I've always been afraid of that one! The preggo lesian thing cracked me up, too. 37 weeks, so any day now you could pop without anyone getting all in a kerfluffle about it. Here's hoping to sooner rather than later. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG the lice is my worst nightmare!!! You are brave to go bald but I guess, what was the option?! How hilarious that they called you a young man! Ha - you should have totally pretended you were the newest pregnant man! LOL You look beautiful and nothing like a man OR a lesbian, fwiw!

mam said...

Young man...ha, that'd be a hell of a beer belly, then! You look fabulous; so excited for you.

Kelly said...

You look great! That lice story is making me itch!

LaLa said...

Oh too funny!!! Yeah, you should have said you were going on Oprah! You look awesome...thank goodness for FB or I'd never get updates on you ....

You need to change the blog title to Sugar and Spice though : )

You look awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you are about to burst! I so remember that point... it's not long now! :)

You have sure been through the wringer with the foster kids, haven't you. Lice are one of my big fears, I can imagine the frustration that led you to decide a buzz cut was the easiest way to go. Hey, all the Hollywood girls do it, why not? :-)

Diana said...

People are rediculous. I hope you slapped the voting lady upside the head!

Lice. Ick. Did I ever tell you I had it twice as a kid? My family said if I ever got it again they'd call me cootie! The hair grows. Relief and not being called cootie is priceless :)

Diana said...

Oh, and the belly is awesome :) It's a perfect little baseball...like someone glued it on! That's all baby, babe.