Friday, September 15, 2006

Hectic days

Today I rushed around getting together some documents we need for our homestudy- marriage license, bank letters, and the like. It is strange, yet exciting, to answer the question of "what is this for?" with "our adoption." Of course, close friends and family know of our adoption plans, so it isn't top secret or anything, but still, there is something so real about saying it out loud to a complete stranger- even if that complete stranger is "just" the bank customer service rep or the clerk at the courthouse.
Of course, I keep going over and over the list of documents needed and triple checking that it is all done....only to go back and recheck yet again, as if these documents are going to magically disappear or be altered into some unacceptable state. Seriously, I think I am becoming neurotic over all of this- which makes me wonder how I am going to survive this process, if I am allready going goofy over simple document collection?

2 comments:

Stepping On Legos said...

I wish I could comfort you - I was the same way! I swear those documents were the death of me. To hand them over even for a second - like to get them state certified - made me a wreck! It was like a newborn baby - I didn't ever want them out of sight! haha. I have no idea how I will survive a flight to Vietnam with those documents in tow. haha.

Kelly said...

oh no! I never thought about lugging those papers across the world to vietnam! geez, do you think we can hire a document gaurd to go with us? see, I definitely AM a nuerotic mess over this. Glad to know that I am not alone in this insanity. (: