Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I never never ever thought I would say this....but...

I LOVE MY DENTIST!!!!

I switched dentists recently to a dentist in the town where I work (which isn't really all that clever since Friday is my last day and now I will have to travel an hour each way to go to the dentist, but anyway) and had to go in for a cleaning today.

Not looking forward to it, as I have a serious aversion to the feel of dental floss in my teeth....I HATE IT...seriously seriously HATE IT...I have no idea why, but that feel and that sound just grates on my nerves....

Anyway, I show up for my appointment and the hygenist takes me back to the room.

Barry Manilow was playing on the piped in music. Not a good sign. I am definitely NOT a "Fanilow" of Manilow.

The hygenist: "Before we start, would you like a free hand spa treatment?"

Me: "Wha?" (thinking: is she propositioning me, or what? this is the DENTIST's office isn't it?)

The hygenist: we have this paraffin hand treatment we do, free of charge, if you are interested.

Me: "um, sure, why not?" (thinking: I am not to sure about this, but what the heck, free is free)

The hygenist hands me the two lotions, then has me place my hands in this science experiment looking thing filled with warm wax....when I lift my hands out they look very much like the "mummy hands" we used to "make" in grade school by pooring elmer's glue on our hands and letting it dry. But much smoother. Not to mention, very warm. Comforting. Then she places plastic baggies on my hands, followed by some oven mitt looking things.

The hygenist: "sit back and relax, it's an easy day to day and I promise it won't hurt a bit."

Believe it or not, it didn't hurt a bit. And when she was done, she removed the oven mitt thingies from my hands, peeled off the plastic baggies, and ta da! presto chango and Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches... I have ultra smooth, soft, terrific feeling hands.

Nice. Very Very Nice.

I do think I love my dentist.

2 comments:

Elowyn said...

Agh! So jealous! You get paraffin, I get bad Muzak & a shot (and not of the good alcoholic stuff!) Gah!

Glad you had fun, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I'm definately going to the wrong dentist!!!

Diana