Saturday, November 25, 2006

Finally!

Our completed homestudy arrived today in the mail! Save for two misspellings, everything looks good. So we are going to take the chance that those two misspellings (minor ones) are not going to ruin our lives and we filled out the 1-600A today (actually just finished it a few minutes ago), gathered the required documents, wrote out the check, and addressed the envelope. On monday I will go down to the post office and send it off via certified mail.

Then we wait on Detroit to get it, review it, give us our fingerpint appointment, and approve it.

I am thrilled to reach this next step...but now my ever obsessive worry wart mind is allready afraid that for some reason they will deny our application.

Does that happen often???????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Don't forget it has to be a cashiers or certified check. I've heard of people putting in a regular check and it getting sent back.

I have the same fear about the rejection. Sometimes this whole process feels like it is about being judged. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Elowyn said...

Check on whether Detroit takes personal checks or not. KC does, other sites vary. And I've never heard of anyone being rejected (although I have heard of requests for additional info, in my case due to INS's screwup.) It's really just a time-consuming, expensive, stressful formality. Hooray for another milestone!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Finally!

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Wheewwww! You must be so relieved! We've only been waiting on our home study since 11/8, but even that feels like a long time. Clearly I have no room to complain!
: ) Jessica

http://bringinghomebe.blogspot.com/
http://www.cafepress.com/bringinghomebe

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled to see this finally come. I know you have been stressing over this and now you are one step closer.....congrats!