Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Where or Where....

is our blasted homestudy? Our final visit was September 17th! It is now November 21st. We went over the rough draft, sent in the corrections, and now here we sit. waiting. waiting. waiting.
I really hate waiting. I know, I know, I need to have patience. Adoption takes patience.
But seriously, what is the hold up, people!!! 1400 bucks plus travel, lodging, and meals....I should think that is more than enough money to qualify for faster service than this!
ok. I am done ranting. for now.

7 comments:

Jo said...

I had to keep on our homestudy provider too... It is very annoying. I say call them everyday until you get it, with that they will want to get you out of their hair...

With adoption there is sooo much waiting you do not need one more thing to wait on..

Kelly said...

Our homestudy took forever as well. It was so annoying to me. I hope you get it soon. I agree with what Jo said about calling them nonstop.

Anonymous said...

GRRR..I can't stand the things that are not in our control. Hopefully it will be here soon. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Elowyn said...

That's nuts, dude. Call the SW and pester her/him. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kate -- totally nuts. This is our 2nd adoption and we used a adifferent agency this time, but still, both times, our homestudy was done within 2-3 weeks of the final visit.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

I personally think you should call. I received my final home study about one week after I reviewed the rough draft. 2 months is not acceptable.

Ange said...

I would call your SW if I were you. Two months is a long time, especially since you've sent in the changes and seen the rough draft already. Ours was taking awhile too,after I phoned the SW I learned that there was a death in her family and that was the hold up. I felt bad about calling after but at least I knew what the problem was, and she was able to tell me a date that I'd have the paperwork by.