Saturday, December 16, 2006

Agency Update

The recent update from our agency states that " We currently have 34 families matched with children waiting to travel, 112 families with CIS approval waiting for their referral and 152 families with applications approved working on their home studies and waiting for CIS approval."

I am soo depressed at this news. We are in the "152 families" category. I have no idea what position we are in that count, but I do not want to know. With my luck, we are #152 out of 152.

And I am betting that the number is going to grow, what with the recent changes in China adoption.

Today I feel like I am NEVER going to be a mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Repeat after me: I will be a mom, I will be a mom, I will be a mom! Really, I am sorry to hear about this frustration. You are wanting to adopt a boy though, right? That automatically bumps you up on the list probably, since most people want to adopt girls. Hang in there - one way or another, you will be a mom.

Kelley said...

e has a point! Adopting a baby boy bumps you up the list. You coulld be traveling by late summer, it could happen. Hang in there Mama! Kelly what agency are you with you can email me kelley00@cox.net. :)

Kelly said...

I hope that you are not #152!! That is a very long list. You will move much quicker though since you are adopting a boy. You will be a mama, I promise!!

RollerCoaster said...

You WILL be a mom! I know this news can be frustrating! It was for me! Yes, a boy will go a little quicker and as each hard day passes, you are that much closer to getting your referral!

LaLa said...

You WILL be a mom and you will be a great one!! And your little one will be so cute wearing his Titans and Vols gear : )