Friday, April 25, 2008

I seriously need to update more often!

I can't believe I haven't updated this blog since Feb!!! Of course, I never expected life with a baby to be so emanding and exhausting.....still, I must try harder to get in blogging time.

This will be a short post, but I did want to let everyone know that we received a phone call from our international agency today. The situation in Vietnam does not look good, and they were checking to see what we wanted to do (given that we inquired a few months ago about a partial refund as it looked like we would adopt Hoss and Little Joe). R told the worker that, given the situation in vietnam and our current situation as foster parents that we might as well go ahead and pull our app and ask for a partial refund.

So, I guess that door, that dream, is now closed.

I am not sure how I feel about that. I guess I still had a lingering hope that it would all work out and we would adopt from Vietnam after all.

Now I am wondering where we go from here. If we will ever have a family. If I have the hutzpah necessary to keep fostering and deal with falling in love with a child that is not mine and very likely going to be reunified with his/her birthparent.

How in the world did we end up here? Doing the one thing we swore we had no interest in doing- foster care?

And now it looks like foster care adoption is the only viable option left to us.

I really do not know how I feel about any of it.

2 comments:

KelleyO said...

Don't lose hope Kelly! Your child is out there, I just know it. Maybe thru foster adopt, maybe domestic, maybe Ethiopia ect... You have so much love to give you are such a good person. I just know you will be blessed!

Diana said...

OH, honey...you've gone through so much already. I am hoping that a foster child will fit you well and need an adoptive home. Keep your chin up, babe...you have the possibility, you just need to have faith.